FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID MC 7 - Needs to render after small changes

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olaf Steel
AVID MC 7 - Needs to render after small changes
on Oct 28, 2014 at 9:29:00 pm

Dear Creative Cow people,

I recently upgraded from Avid MC 6.5 to 7.0.4. Since then, every effect I add needs to be rendered before it will play back smoothly. And if I make any changes to the clip with applied effect, I have to re-render before it will play back smoothly again.
I thought the ability to not have to keep re-rendering everything was one of the main features that put Avid above FCP for many people?

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere to revert back to the old render settings?

I'm working on a 2014 iMac with 16GB of ram and a 3.5GHz Intel Core i7 processor. I've also tried the same thing on a brand new Mac Pro, which you'd think would handle unrendered effects without any problems - and still getting the same issue.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVID MC 7 - Needs to render after small changes
on Oct 28, 2014 at 10:19:28 pm

What type of footage? AMA? From what source? Transcoded...to what? What effects are you adding? Are the green RT effects, or BLUE effects...non-RT? Not every effect is RT.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
Re: AVID MC 7 - Needs to render after small changes
on Oct 29, 2014 at 3:58:29 am

One change going up to V7 is the addition of Frame Flex.
Do your Project, Sequence and ALL Sources have the same Format type and Field Something (forgot the Column Heading, where it display interlaced v. progressive.)
Neil.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]