FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing an entire bin?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Playing an entire bin?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 8:50:43 pm

I remember once reading here that there is a command or menu item for playing all of the clips in a bin sequentially. But I can't find that post. Can anyone tell me how that is done? I have a client who wants to "see everything" and the thought of sitting here going clip to clip makes me nuts.

Thanx!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Playing an entire bin?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 9:40:19 pm

For all selected clips, go to hamburger menu in the bin and select loop clip play or something to that effect. It should play back in sort order. It also observes Marks, so remove any if you want the entire clip. Tab to next clip, shift-tab to go back one.

Or...

for all selected clips, hold down option key and autosequence. It will create a timeline in timecode ascending order. Play sequence, use JKL, go to next edit, etc for navigation.

Michael

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 27, 2014 at 7:13:52 pm

[Michael Phillips] "for all selected clips, hold down option key and autosequence"

Hmmm. Michael perhaps you'll be willing to tell me what I'm doing wrong. This generates a timeline with a LOT of black spaces in between. And, although it doesn't surprise me, it doesn't seem to work at all on AMA clips, only those which have already been transcoded.

[Michael Phillips] "go to hamburger menu in the bin and select loop clip play or something to that effect"

This seems to work to a point then it generates an error message, which I can't seem to get it to do at this point. So I guess it's working (for now), even with AMA footage.

We have a client who has made a request to view ALL footage and, if possible, that's something I'd like to set-up, start and do other things. That's the goal anyway.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 27, 2014 at 7:23:55 pm

for AutoSequnce: It will put in black spaces when the option key modifier is not used. This has a specific purpose for other workflows like post reel audio sync and now multicam sync maps where the time of day timecode needs to be preserved. Hold down the option/ALT key when selecting AutoSequence and it will jsut create a sequence with clips in source ascending timecode, but no gaps starting at 01:00:00:00 of whatever your sequence default start time is set to.

For Loop play, AMA should not make a difference other than many performance may be affecting its capabilities. I can give that a test the next time I am in from of a system.

Michael

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 27, 2014 at 7:32:00 pm

Ahhh, must have forgotten to use the option key. Now it works quite well. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]