FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there an easy way to multigroup footage with multiple video files but synced time code?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Marx
Is there an easy way to multigroup footage with multiple video files but synced time code?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 11:19:32 am

I'm am currently in need of an easy way to multigroup a variety of multi cam interviews which have been shot with synced time code. Now this would be easy if every camera angle simple gave me 1 file but with these new cameras even though the cameras are synced they produce a new video file every 10 min. In some cases one camera would turn off for a bit while another camera keeps rolling (but the synch continues) Point being, I would like to find an easy way to tell avid to group them all together with outgoing thought the entire manual process of multigrouping. Is their no simple command to tell avid, here is all the synced footage simply lay it all out in a grouped sequence?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Is there an easy way to multigroup footage with multiple video files but synced time code?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 12:42:20 pm

Do you want a grouped clip or a grouped sequence?

For a sequence highlight all the clips from the same camera (angle). Select AutoSequence from the bin menu. This will create a timeline that places all shots as per time of day on the timeline leaving gaps when the camera was not recording. Repeat for each camera (angle). Edit sequence into a new timeline where V1 might be the A camera, V2, the B camera or however you want to organize it.

As a group clip, I have create a dummy clip I logged that encompasses the full range of all the clips I want to contain in a single group clip.

If you choose multigroup, it will create a single clip of multiple group clips.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jonathan Marx
Re: Is there an easy way to multigroup footage with multiple video files but synced time code?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 1:13:09 pm

I am not trying to a multicam sequence but rather a single grouped clip. Any suggestion?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 24, 2014 at 1:26:11 pm

I listed three methods. The last two are for clip creation.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jonathan Marx
on Oct 24, 2014 at 2:33:49 pm

I tried your suggestion but I feel like I'm missing something is the explanation since It seems to not be working.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 24, 2014 at 5:42:55 pm

Which one did you try? The dummy master clip or the multigroup?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Marx
on Oct 27, 2014 at 3:29:43 pm

I ended up doing a dummy master clip. I had mixed media and a variety of things going on with this footage. I was hoping to have a faster solution. I wish their was a plural eyes solution for this in Avid. This is really an annoying work around. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]