FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid/ FCPX/ Premier for documentary editor?!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james henson
Avid/ FCPX/ Premier for documentary editor?!
on Oct 23, 2014 at 2:35:40 pm

Ok, here is my story...

I basically made a rough documentary on Sony Vegas, but I clearly need professional help to finish the edit.

To my dismay, I could not find any decent/professional documentary editors in London who use Vegas. They were not particularly interested in trying to export across to their platforms either, understandably.

I have decided to take the leap and get a Mac, with the idea that I will reconstruct the docu and import the media into FCPX, as this is what one of the editors who I approached said he used, and for some silly reason I thought FCP was the industry standard. Oh how I was wrong.

Anyway...I would like to know out of the three platforms, FCPX / AVID / adobe, which one would be the easiest to get a professional documentary editor in london to work with. Again, Im not so concerned about the pros and cons, just which one is most prevalent amongst post production houses in london.

Many Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid/ FCPX/ Premier for documentary editor?!
on Oct 23, 2014 at 7:18:04 pm

Pat Horridge may have a better idea for London, but my guess will be that FCP7 and MC will be close, FCPx and Adobe following on. As far as between the latter, I have no idea.

Look for the editor, and not the system. If you found an editor who can tell your story, and work with you as a team and meets your price, then whatever they want to use is the one to go with.

Michael

Return to posts index

dan crouch
Re: Avid/ FCPX/ Premier for documentary editor?!
on Oct 24, 2014 at 7:14:58 am

Michael is absolutely right regarding choosing the editor.

In my experience Avid is the professional software for cutting across the board, fcp X is great but for home / stand alone use.

My advise is get a mac and if it's Media Composer you go for, hire the Avid MC software. I have just cut a series for BBC from home on Avid. I used my Mac Pro, Lion OS and rented Avid 6.5 by direct debit for five months. It worked absolutely perfectly.

Dan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]