FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC7.04 Audio keyframe editing

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Jägberg
MC7.04 Audio keyframe editing
on Oct 21, 2014 at 12:04:45 pm

Hi,
We just upgraded all our Media Composer systems from 5.5 to 7.04 (I know, 8.2 is just out, but...).
Anyway, everything seems to have worked but there's one thing that bothers me immensely. Before, when I had a clip with several mono tracks, as they come in from a camera, I could add audio keyframes to all tracks in the clip and move them simultaneously up and down or left and right.
Now, I can only do that to one track at the time.
Is this a settings issue or has it changed for some reason?

Anyone?

Thanks,
Erik Jagberg

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: MC7.04 Audio keyframe editing
on Oct 21, 2014 at 12:33:51 pm

Very annoying! You Must shift+select individual or mark in-out around the range of keyframes you want to adjust simultaneously. No setting to change that of which I am aware.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
on Oct 21, 2014 at 12:44:52 pm

Initially I saw this as a problem. However as time went on, I found the solution as Ricky pointed out. Mark an IN and and OUT surrounding the keyframaes you want to adjust, enable tracks as needed and they will all highlight when you select 1. You can also shift click to select or deselect. The new added bonus is that you can copy or cut and paste keyframes. The first keyframe you cut or copy will wind up on the Mark IN point of the highlighted track. Multiple tracks worth of keyframes can also be cut/copied and pasted as desired.

1 caveat. When audio keyframes are highlited (Pink) you will not see your normal "IN to OUT" highlighted in purple. Either deselect all the audio keyframes, or even quicker, click on the Timecode track and all will be deselected, returning the marked range to its normal highlighting.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 21, 2014 at 1:06:26 pm

Yeah. It's very annoying.

I like the new flexibility Scott detailed but losing the original simplicity adds a lot of extra clicking for something I do all the time.

Return to posts index

Erik Jägberg
on Oct 21, 2014 at 1:54:45 pm

I agree. It means a huge number of extra clicks since I use this all the time.
Sure, I can draw a lasso or shift-select the keyframes, but the old funcionality is still lost.
And I can't understand why AVID didn't make this a selectable option - adding new ways of working for those who want it while keeping the old ways for us who don't.

/Erik

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 21, 2014 at 4:26:42 pm

Don't click a lot. LASSO the keyframes. Upper left to lower right lasso and you highlight all the keyframes, and then drag one, all the rest will follow.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:34:25 pm

Always invoking trim mode with key frames near the end of clips, when lassoing. Is there a modifier to prevent that?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 21, 2014 at 6:30:35 pm

Make the keyframes not so near the cut points. And don't lasso the points. Work around is to mark IN and OUT if they are on cut points

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]