Avid Autosync Difficulty

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin Wolf
Avid Autosync Difficulty
on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:07:16 pm

Hi All,

Hoping someone can provide a solution for this:

I'm trying to use the autosync function to sync my video with the external audio recorded. The video recorded camera audio as well. My ultimate goal is to end up with the camera audio gone, and a synced clip with just the external audio attached to the video.

This has worked for me in the past, but for some reason this time around, after trying various methods of autosync, I still end up with the new "synced" clip just having the video and the camera audio, as if nothing changed. Shouldn't it be attaching the external audio and removing the camera audio?

This has been driving me crazy! Not sure if it's a settings issue or something else, but if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Autosync Difficulty
on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:45:05 pm

You don't say what platform and version of MC, but I have not heard of this particular issue with any version of MC as it pertains to AutoSync. Just to make sure, the setting should be as seen here to do what you want it to do:

Michael

Return to posts index

Erin Wolf
on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:57:11 pm

Thanks for the response Michael. My settings in Autosync match those (although I'd like to sync by in point), and still it does not attach the external audio.

I'm working on a Mac on Avid 6.5.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 19, 2014 at 8:19:35 pm

Very strange. What happens if you change the Audio setting for external to be track 1 to track 1 and see if anything changes.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 19, 2014 at 8:27:46 pm

Also try sub-clipping the video clip to be V only beforehand just to see if that changes anything.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]