FORUMS: list search recent posts

ALEXA AMA plug-in and Avid Media Composer 8

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vicente Perez
ALEXA AMA plug-in and Avid Media Composer 8
on Oct 19, 2014 at 6:58:58 pm

Is there anybody out there using the Alexa AMA plug-in on Avid Media Composer 8?

I am working on a project that was shot on ArriRAW, with MXFs for offline editorial. I have installed the most recent Alexa AMA Plug-in (v1.5), but when I try to link the files, I get the dreaded "Segmentation Fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0 error.

I can successfully link any other ProRes footage. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a chance that the Alexa AMA Plug-in might not yet be compatible with AMC8 (compatibility chart says AMC7)? I am able to open the MXFs using Premiere, so the files seem to be OK.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: ALEXA AMA plug-in and Avid Media Composer 8
on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:54:55 pm

Were the MXF proxies created by the camera or by another system like the Codex or a dailies program like Resolve, MTI, Colorfront, etc? If the files are DNxHD 36, then they were not done in camera as it can only record 115 and 175 flavors.

Return to posts index

Vicente Perez
on Oct 19, 2014 at 8:06:52 pm

Thanks for your prompt response, Michael. I have been told that they are proxies created by the camera. I am going to check with the DIT to confirm the exact flavor.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 19, 2014 at 8:12:10 pm

What's the DNxHD format being delivered data rate wise?

Michael

Return to posts index

Vicente Perez
on Nov 20, 2014 at 8:20:01 pm

Thank you for your help. You were completely right. The AE was running the footage through DaVinci without telling me. Knowing that, everything works as it should.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]