FORUMS: list search recent posts

An obvious question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
An obvious question
on Oct 17, 2014 at 8:23:10 pm

OS X Yosemite? How much of my current software will stop working once I install the "free" upgrade? Especially MC 8.1?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: An obvious question
on Oct 17, 2014 at 8:35:17 pm

The only way to know what will and won't work is to install the OS and try to use the apps. Smart people don't do that. Beta testers might, but do they post here?

ALways wait until Avid blesses the OS for their software. Always. Is there a reason you must have Yosemite now?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 17, 2014 at 8:53:28 pm

Shane-
Thanks. No reason to do it now WHATSOEVER. In fact I would routinely wait 3 or more months for a .1 or .2 version.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 17, 2014 at 9:15:57 pm

Well, the only legit reason would be if you were buying one of those lovely new iMac 5k's to run it on..which will come with Yosemite pre installed.

A simple test would be to clone your hard drive and put it through its paces.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 18, 2014 at 7:49:50 pm

Okay, just for laughs, I installed Yosemite on a clone of my boot drive. Avid 8.1 launched and was fully functional in software mode. AJA Kona 3 was not good.' Stuttery playback with anything more than a really simple sequence. AJA has not released Yosemite drivers or avid open I/O plugins for Yosemite. I'd wait until the all clear from avid before doing any serious work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]