FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Canon C300 Issues

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Kotlowitz
Importing Canon C300 Issues
on Oct 17, 2014 at 1:14:10 am

Hi All -

I've seen some threads for this, but nothing seemed to answer my question.

When trying to link to AMA volume, I get the following error "Unable to link to any clips at...."

I believe I have installed all necessary plugins. I even downloaded the Canon XF Utility since I saw someone posted that helps sometimes.

Below is a screen shot of my plugins. I'm on OSX 10.9.2. running MC 6.5.4.2

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Importing Canon C300 Issues
on Oct 17, 2014 at 1:34:02 am

I just helped someone this morning with a similar. Make sure you select the folder containing the "Contents" folder. Also make sure there are no illegal characters in the folder names.

Michael

Return to posts index

Joel Kotlowitz
on Oct 17, 2014 at 1:44:57 am

I'm sorry, not exactly sure what you mean by the "contents" folder? There's no contents folder in the file structure I was given. Screen shot below of my file structure.

I just realized if I go to import, choose see MXF, and import each MXF they'll come in clean and nice. But I'd have to do it 1 by 1 and that's ridiculous.

Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 17, 2014 at 1:58:42 am

I suspect the other A2 folder is confusing it. You want to select the folder 2 up from the "A00..." folders. Move the A2 to its own folder and try again. Here is what I received this morning, and in my case, I select the C300 folder and it works.

Michael

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Oct 17, 2014 at 10:00:24 am

I work with C300 files all the time, you need to keep the file structure exactly the same as it is recorded to the card, which is contents/clip001/yourclips....

For some reason your clips have been moved out of the clips001 folder (but the folder is still there), and the contents folder has been renamed A2, it's fine for you to put the contents folder in another folder called A2 but you have to keep the contents/clip001 structure in tact. You also need the journal folder which might still be in you clips001 folder, if not create a new one. You've still got the index.mif file so as long as you put the folder back to the original structure you should be fine

Also, I can see a few characters which will cause ama problems, change the C-300 folder to C300 or C_300 as dashes are an issue and get rid of the / after delicatessen as well.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Joel Kotlowitz
on Oct 17, 2014 at 2:20:42 pm

Good to know. I'll pass that info along to the person who gave me the hard drive. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Oct 18, 2014 at 2:51:57 am
Last Edited By Richard Sanchez on Oct 18, 2014 at 2:53:21 am

There's a slash in your file path. "DELICATESSAN / FERRARO" Get rid of that slash.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was mentioned above. I missed it on my first read through.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]