FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Split Audio - Showing Up in QuickTime As One Mono Channel

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Williamson
Avid Split Audio - Showing Up in QuickTime As One Mono Channel
on Oct 16, 2014 at 8:17:33 pm

Hello everyone. Let me start by saying this website is a gift from God. Everyone on here is wonderful and I have been using this site for years but this is only my second posting. My question is as follows:

When exporting from Avid with the Same as Source setting with Direct Audio Out, everything is perfect when I bring the file back into Avid. However, when I press Cmd+i in QuickTime to view the QuickTime information, it says it is only One Mono Track, but when I go to Window > Show Movie Properties, and click on the audio, it displays the stems as they are. The file is perfect, except that the info window shows one mono track. I assume this is because Avid packages the tracks in one audio file embedded in the QuickTime.

How do I export form Avid so that QuickTime will show the properties in the quick info window as opposed to having to go into a setting that is only available in QuickTime Pro, which my clients do not have. The only reason I am asking if anyone knows of a solution is because my clients driving me crazy and every time I have to deliver a QuickTime with splits, they freak out because the info is not right on the surface level.

Thanks!

Eric

Return to posts index

James Patterson
Re: Avid Split Audio - Showing Up in QuickTime As One Mono Channel
on Oct 17, 2014 at 10:51:56 am

Sounds like a glitch with quick time player, if you have the the inspector and the movie properties window open at the same time then when you deselect any of the tracks the information will be updated in the inspector. Try toggling the tracks on and off to see if they are displayed in the inspector.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Michael Marconi
Re: Avid Split Audio - Showing Up in QuickTime As One Mono Channel
on Aug 28, 2015 at 5:20:22 pm

Eric -

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]