FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble exporting Test Narration!!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Spears
Trouble exporting Test Narration!!
on Oct 14, 2014 at 4:26:27 am

This is an unusual problem, I think. I have a nearly completed one-hour rough cut -- complete with music, interviews, live action sound, as well as sound FX, and test Narration. I have done a rough mix with rubber banding,etc. and I want to export the whole show so that the Composer can take a look at it. I have done a video mixdown and an audio mixdown and they both look and sound fine.

However, when I do an EXPORT of the mix downs to a Quicktime movie, something very odd happens! All of the sound is fine, except for the Test Narration, which is barely audible!! The picture is fine too. What gives?

All I can think of is that the Test Narration was recorded directly into the AVID, using the Capture Tool and the line input with a microphone. So maybe it's in a different Codec or something??? It sounds just fine and it gives me an excellent level with the Audio Tool. And I can boost it with the Audio Mixer tool. But it exports at a barely audible level. I need help!!

Thanks, Ross

Never Give Up

Return to posts index

dan crouch
Re: Trouble exporting Test Narration!!
on Oct 14, 2014 at 7:25:53 am

Possibly a daft question, but have you tried exporting
a small section without doing a mix down?
Also is the commentary stereo? If so if try mono.

Return to posts index

Ross Spears
on Oct 14, 2014 at 11:54:04 am

Thanks for replying! Yes I have tried exporting smaller sections without the audio mix, and they seem to NOT work in the same way... And yes, the Test Narration is mono, not stereo. I have boosted the sound to a considerable extent. Should I boost it to the max and try that?

Do you have any idea why this sound should be being processed differently by the AVID?

Thanks again!

Ross

Never Give Up

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
on Oct 14, 2014 at 1:00:49 pm

Another thing you could try is to mix down everything but the VO, then export with the mix-down and VO together.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 14, 2014 at 2:02:42 pm

or export your vo track only as a wave file, and re-import it. See how it comes back in. At least at that point avid should see it the same as your other imported audio sources.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ross Spears
on Oct 16, 2014 at 3:39:21 pm

We discovered the solution! As usual, it was pretty simple, and I felt a tad silly not to have already thought of it! When doing the EXPORT, and then setting the Options, we simply discovered that we should click SAME AS SOURCE, rather than Custom. We also clicked "Use Avid DV Codec." When we did this, the export proceeded smoothly and very fast (compared to our previous Custom method. The test narration came through at the same level that we had mixed it.

By the way, we also rendered all effects beforehand, and we mixed down the Audio and Video tracks. The Quicktime movie was excellent and we will now be sending it to our composer, Kenton Coe.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!

Never Give Up

Return to posts index

dan crouch
on Oct 16, 2014 at 10:14:15 pm

Thanks for posting the solution.
It's always good to hear how things are sorted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]