FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exception: failed to get the sample temporal offset from the AMA Plug-in message

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Donahue
Exception: failed to get the sample temporal offset from the AMA Plug-in message
on Oct 13, 2014 at 10:05:37 pm

Hi,

I've started getting this error message constantly and saw on the Avid Forum that this was recognized as a problem awhile back and that a patch was going to be made for it. Was there ever a patch made?

I am running Avid MC 8.1.0 on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.9.4, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, and have the media stored on a Lacie Rugged 1TB drive. I have been editing a 15 minute documentary and have been getting this error message for several days. Sometimes deleting what seems like the corrupt file and then re-doing an AMA Link takes care of the issue, but now the error is coming up repeatedly. I've also made a new project and copied everything over but this did not solve the issue.

Any help concerning this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Paul Donahue
Media Eye
http://www.mediaeyemedia.com

Return to posts index

Aynsley Baldwin
Re: Exception: failed to get the sample temporal offset from the AMA Plug-in message
on Aug 20, 2015 at 8:27:51 pm

Hi Paul,

Did you ever manage to solve this? I am running into the same problem on MC 8.3. Previously I, and another editor who was having the same issue, downgraded to 7.0.4 and that seemed to help. But I'm wondering if there is an actual solution within 8.

Cheers,
Aynsley

Return to posts index

Sean Smith
Re: Exception: failed to get the sample temporal offset from the AMA Plug-in message
on Aug 24, 2015 at 9:56:28 pm

I've had this error before, but I think the solution we came to was specific to our workflow. You should try clearing your AMA Metadata folder if you haven't.

Return to posts index

Aynsley Baldwin
on Aug 24, 2015 at 10:03:37 pm

Thanks for the tip! Will do. We're also investigating possible camera problems creating corrupt media, as there are other issues suggesting this could be a factor. Hopefully we will narrow down the cause.

Cheers,
Aynsley

Return to posts index

Paul Donahue
on Aug 25, 2015 at 1:34:49 pm

Hi Aynsley,

The advice I received on the Avid Forum was not to use AMA, but to use LINK and then transcode/consolidate the footage. I also received advice that I should link directly to folders, not to individual MXF clips.

I ended up transcoding the sequence, deleting the corrupt clips, linking to them and working them back into bins, and was able to complete editing the film.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Paul Donahue
Media Eye
vimeo.com/pauldonahue/videos

Return to posts index

Aynsley Baldwin
on Aug 27, 2015 at 7:51:55 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for the reply!

The workflow I've been using already incorporates transcoding to offline media and cutting with that, but my problem was that some clips would give me that error as soon as I linked to them. So in some cases, I wasn't able to transcode, and in the cases where I was, linking back to the original AMA to do an online still resulted in this error, sometimes to a degree that was completely prohibitive to completing the online.

It's a really weird problem that my colleagues and I have managed to work around by going to older versions of MC instead of 8.3. So one theory is that there is some inherent issue with 8.3 and the use of the Canon XF AMA plug in, but I've also grown suspicious of the integrity of camera in this case. Not sure we'll ever figure it out! In the meantime, I'm continuing to use 7.0.4 and so far haven't had the same trouble as with 8.3.

Cheers,
Aynsley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]