FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote client sessions

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Faurote
Remote client sessions
on Oct 10, 2014 at 2:16:20 pm

I'm trying to do some research and not finding as many points of view as I was hoping.

We are exploring the idea of remote client edit sessions, where we would stream live to a client who can't be in the shop.

Obviously, this is nothing new, but it's been a few years since I've looked into it, and I'm still finding the same posts and articles (which were old when I searched then).

Basically, is there a better system that just outputting from our I/O box into a Slingbox?

It seems like screen sharing options like Skype would A) eat into your computer's resources and B) share the entire screen, which is hardly the best experience for the client.

Any other suggestions or options would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Remote client sessions
on Oct 10, 2014 at 8:18:45 pm

Not much has changed since. People are reporting success with some form of I/O and Telestream's web streaming solution. But all the "free" screen sharing solutions do not work well for a different reasons; bit depth, frame rate/rfresh, audio, etc.

I will be testing the IBC announced TalkShow from NewTek soon just for this purpose and will report on it.

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 11, 2014 at 5:07:31 pm

I've had good success with Ustream, but for it to work properly you need a second computer running your streaming hardware. (in my case an older MacBook pro and a Matrox Mxo2) Trying to edit and stream with the same computer is not as easy, especially when both programs want to use the same blackmagic or Kona card.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 11, 2014 at 5:41:25 pm

The better solutions all come at a cost point. There is no real "same system" software only and low cost (or free) that works well for real time video and audio streaming.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]