FORUMS: list search recent posts

Autosyncing Audio with timecode difference

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kean Szczur
Autosyncing Audio with timecode difference
on Oct 9, 2014 at 2:38:56 am

Hey there,

I have recently come across a job with about 300 clips for each day (7 days). Normally I would use Autosync with Aux timecode but the problem is that
the timecode on location audio shot separately from the camera does not match camera timecode. The size of this job makes manual syncing a scary nightmare so I was wondering if there was perhaps a way to batch copy the aux timecode from my audio bin and paste it into the aux tc of my raw rushes clip bin. Essentially I would like to stream line syncing the audio with the clip without having to manually sync all those clips.
Any suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers,
Kean

Return to posts index

Kean Szczur
Re: Autosyncing Audio with timecode difference
on Oct 9, 2014 at 2:55:26 am

Also to reaffirm, the timecode on the audio clips does not match the video timecode. It is a fluctuating offset of seconds so batch increment would not work.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 9, 2014 at 1:09:11 pm

You could probably do that outside the Media Composer in Excel or the like, but the issue is that unless the raw rushes and the audio files start at the exact same time in the file, it will do you no good. Usually sounds rolls first, then picture, but even if both operators hit record at the same time, the change of them being frame accurate would be very slim to none. So copying one set of timecodes to another with no consistent offset will not help either.

Michael

Return to posts index

Alex Faurote
on Oct 10, 2014 at 2:47:00 pm

Yeah, simply changing out the time code wouldn't help you at all. In that case, you would just sync at start point rather than by time code.

What camera was it shot on? We typically use PluralEyes in this case and create new video files. It's 200 bucks and has paid for itself many times over.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]