FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purchasing Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Finucane
Purchasing Avid
on Oct 2, 2014 at 6:05:34 pm

I've been communicating with a friend about the best software to get for editing. He told me that Avid is what the industry is after now, however, when I go online to do my research in what to get there are so many options and similar software advertised. I don't have the best of computers, but I do have a hard drive that I plan on putting the program on. Any recommendations? Please attach the link to whatever you find.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Purchasing Avid
on Oct 2, 2014 at 6:39:42 pm

First off...it depends on what industry you are in. Avid is king in broadcast TV show...scripted, reality, documentary. It is the dominate player. It's big in news too, but not the total winner there. Edius and others are there. It's also dominate in feature films.

But it isn't high on the list for corporate, wedding, web videos, sports videos, realty, training...other areas of specialty video. So make sure that it is dominate in the areas you want to get into.

Second...you must have a machine that is qualified to run it. Otherwise, you'll be fighting it a lot. Installing i on a hard drive is easy, anyone can do that. But you really should have a qualified system to run it.

Here's a list to look over for that:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/user_guide/en269631?popup=true

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Purchasing Avid
on Oct 3, 2014 at 12:08:00 am

I would add, that Avid has a 30-day trial, so you can test it and see if it's for you. If you do that, I would advise going through it with someone who knows Media Composer and can give you a quick overview. It is a deep program and for many, 30 days isn't enough if they try to start without much training. Media Composer can now be purchased as a perpetual license (owned). It can also be used under subscription (rented).

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]