FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Constantly Crashing/Exporting Locators

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Cornell
Avid Constantly Crashing/Exporting Locators
on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:03:48 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a show that has done a heavy amount of transcribing/logging in Avid using the locators window. My task now is to export the locators for every bin of footage as a .txt file so that story producers can print them out in spreadsheet form.

The main problem I am having and it's driving me crazy is every 1-3 times I export locators I get the error: "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0." I constantly get this message and then sometimes when I'm saving the project file I get a ""bus error" in thread Mainthread at address 0x0"

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue and if there is a way to solve it? I have a ton of footage to do this for and the constant crashing is slowing me down tremendously.

For some specs, I am using a MacPro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 6GB of ram. I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8.

The Avid specs are Avid Media Composer 5.

Thank you!

Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Constantly Crashing/Exporting Locators
on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:30:51 pm

It may be the version of software or a RAM issue. If the info is not proprietary, I can try exporting one of your bins on my version of software to see if it works. If cleared, email me at michael[at]24p[dot]com

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]