FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoded media WITHOUT Tape Names, how to fix for color and prep

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Minh Bui
Transcoded media WITHOUT Tape Names, how to fix for color and prep
on Sep 29, 2014 at 6:18:40 pm

Hi, I'm assistant editing my first big job and I had to retranscode some of the media given to me by the DIT. I transcoded the original h264, .MOV to DNXHD36 footage in Da Vinci resolve and made sure to add the assist "Assist using reel numbers from the Source Clip Filename" in my project settings. However, for whatever reason one of the mags did not transcode with tape names.

What I'd like to know is how do I add the tape names back into the transcoded footage in order to export out a useful EDL for the colorists? Currently the editor has already begun editing the footage so I would like to solve this issue with as little interruption to his project/media as possible...

Please let me know if you need more information, and I really appreciate the help! It's my first time assisting a job at this level and I could use all the help I can get.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Transcoded media WITHOUT Tape Names, how to fix for color and prep
on Sep 29, 2014 at 8:54:31 pm

Put all the filenames into the Camroll or LabRoll column which can be used as source for an EDL. But you will to do that for all the clips - use Duplicate Column to speed up the process.

In EDL Manager, select CamRoll or Labroll as source.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]