FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to use avchd in avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Weinberger
how to use avchd in avid
on Sep 29, 2014 at 5:55:39 am

I tried to download the AVCHD plug-in from the AVID website, but it tells me it's not an approved app by the iTunes store. Do I download it anyway, or do I need something else? I have the latest MacPro with AVID MC7, and I am trying to import and edit with .AVI files. Any info would be appreciated - thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: how to use avchd in avid
on Sep 29, 2014 at 4:07:57 pm

Download it anyway. If it gives you guff, go into the SYSTEM PREFS, and in SECURITY you can disable the "only install Apple approved apps." But it's odd that an AMA plugin is causing this...it's not an application. It's a plugin.

Now...this will work with AVCHD files...AVI isn't AVCHD. Those are two different things completely. AVCHD is a camera recording format, AVI is a windows video file...like MOV is a Quicktime video file.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Weinberger
on Sep 29, 2014 at 6:35:48 pm

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and tried downloading it. But then it told me it wouldn't even download. Says it goes with MC7, and it turns out I have MC8. And meanwhile, what you said about AVI files - that's what i thought. So why would Avid not let me open an .AVI file? O keep getting this message when I try to AMA link to the AVI source files -

"Unable to link to volume or file.
You may need to download and install the AMA plug-in from the Avid AMA website.
See Console for more information."

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 29, 2014 at 7:33:41 pm

Not sure about the AVI thing....sorry

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved