FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't import mxf file into Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Nicoletti
Can't import mxf file into Avid
on Sep 25, 2014 at 1:43:51 am

Hello.

I have recently Consolidated media from a project from a client's facility to an external hard drive. I brought the drive home to my personal system, and approximately half of my files are not relinking, or even allowing me to import them into a new project.

All of the .mxf files are located in the file structure, DRIVE:Avid MediaFiles:MXF:1:. Some of the files in this folder show up in my Avid project, others are showing "Media Offline".

I can see the files on the drive, but can't figure out how to get them loaded into my project - preferably relinked to my Master Clips. I've also tried creating a new project, and simply importing the .mdb file into a bin - no luck getting these specific files.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Brett Nicoletti

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Can't import mxf file into Avid
on Sep 25, 2014 at 1:25:16 pm

Try rebuilding the msm files deleting them, then launch MC and see if that changes anything. Also look into the MediaTool for ALL projects on that drive and see if it sees all the media.

Michael

Return to posts index

Brett Nicoletti
on Sep 25, 2014 at 3:25:12 pm

Thanks Michael.

I deleted those 2 files, launched, relinked - shazaam! Thanks again for the response.

Brett

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Sep 26, 2014 at 1:18:36 pm

Do you think there should be a 'rebuild database' sticky, it has to be the the most repeated answer on the forum :)

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]