FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve to avid multiple bins.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremie galan
Resolve to avid multiple bins.
on Sep 24, 2014 at 10:07:04 pm

I know i ve ask already three questions in less than a day haha but i ve still got one left.
let says my assistant editor want the dailies in avid to be sorted by "card number bins". I ve got 6 cards per day so 6 bins in avid.
I export using resolve.

I could export all the rushes from the day, import in avid and manually do the sorting.

But i search a less manual way.

I could make a timeline per card in resolve and then ? should i make a different folder per card in avidmediafolfder ? Like 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 ,5 ,6, they ll have a .mdb that i could populate the 6 different bins, and then copy the content of all those folder to a 20142409 folder so i can pass to the next day, but still seems time consuming.

Any ideas how i could import files into different bins more efficiently ? maybe mediatool?

I hope i ve been clear, english is not my first language, regards!
Jeremie

Return to posts index

Michael Cheung
Re: solve to avid multiple bins.
on Sep 24, 2014 at 10:34:55 pm

Personally, I'd do by roll in Resolve. But, if you're in a position where you have all the dailies at once then by day is probably best and sort the card bins in the avid. This should be super easy just alt drag in to new bins. Its a good idea by the way to export from resolve with the source filename to make it even easier. If you're shooting on Alexa or red for instance your card will probably be the start of the clip name such as A001. It's a really quick job in the Avid to create card bins.

Good luck.

Michael Cheung
http://filmcutter.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

jeremie galan
on Sep 24, 2014 at 11:26:29 pm

Ok ! so your option is if i export the mxf in a different location from my avidmediafolder

and the import them by draging them into bin ( mxf is doing fast import right ? )

Return to posts index

Michael Cheung
on Sep 25, 2014 at 12:05:53 am

No I would export to different location. But then copy the files into an avid media file folder in one go. Then bring avid into focus after the files have copied. This will automatically create the mdb file but only bring Avid to focus once the files have copied over.

Michael Cheung
http://filmcutter.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

jeremie galan
on Sep 25, 2014 at 12:34:13 am

Yeah and each day create a numbered folder with date like 2014923, so i can have a different .mdb each day ?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 25, 2014 at 1:27:11 pm

You can manage it by folder when making dailies as suggested. I also add the card number as metadata in Resolve as part of the logging process. This carries over in the ALE and when merged can be used by the editor or AE to sort, search, filter on as needed.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]