FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't link copied mxf files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Molloy
Can't link copied mxf files
on Sep 23, 2014 at 5:44:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm just getting back into AVID after years of Final Cut and forgot a lot of the basics.

I'm working with another editor and I copied my mxf files from the scenes they will be cutting onto their drive. Most of the files relinked beautifully either with the relink button or just by themselves. But several of the files did not relink. Those master clips list that they are on my drives, and trying to relink them one by one does not work, even though I know they have all the mxf files on their drive. Is this a file path thing? I tried deleting the pmr and the mdb files, it did nothing for me. Also, the unnamed master clips relinked in most cases, but the renamed sublips, master clips, merged clips and sequences did not. This is not good if we want to pass sequences beack and forth to each other. I know there's a right way to do this that I'm just not aware of. So any help is appreciated.

In general, what is the best way to work with another editor and avid? If I need them to edit certain scenes and don't want to copy all the mxf files over, because there are too many of them.

Thanks!

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]