FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking Audio to Video in Sequence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wanja Luke
Linking Audio to Video in Sequence
on Sep 22, 2014 at 11:16:39 pm

Hello,

I found a lot of articles on this but none of them really answered how to deal with the problem. I synced audio and video in MC6.5 using autosequence and the claps. Now I want to link the video with the audio so that I have new clips where I can trim audio and video at the same time without always having to activate them individually.

The only way I know is by creating subclips and then using the autosync - but this would be a lot of work, creating subclips for 30 hours of footage.

thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Linking Audio to Video in Sequence
on Sep 23, 2014 at 3:21:36 pm

Autosync is the way to do this, but I think you didn't necessarily have to autosequence and sync that way first. First, if there's matching time code on all the clips, then you can just Autosync by source TC and your sync clips are made rather quickly. If there's no matching time code (this I'm assuming based on your previous workflow), then you can just open each clip in the source monitor, mark an in point where the clap happens, then Autosync the clips in the bin using In Point as the sync.

That said, since you've done the syncing in a sequence already, creating subclips and running Autosync on those is really the only way to make the sync clips you want. You might be able to keyboard macro the operation though, if you can work out the pattern of keystrokes it takes to mark and subclip your sync sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]