FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matte Key gets unlocked on its own seemingly at random

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tamara Nartichti
Matte Key gets unlocked on its own seemingly at random
on Sep 19, 2014 at 8:09:04 pm

Imported matte key has a locked alpha channel, but for some time now, it sometimes gets unlocked. I can't figure out why. I needed it unlocked, so I was playing around with it trying to "free" it to apply timewarp.

Several times in a row I observe the following scenario:
I import the matte key, I throw it into the timeline, double click it, step in into it, cut it, trim it, push and drag the graphic fill slider sideways - alpha channel remains unlocked. Then I stare at the screen for several minutes questioning myself why this advanced software can't give me unlocked matte key so I could speed it up. I double click the matte key again and, for some bizarre reason, timewarp is dropped easily on both graphic fill and alpha channel. I step in into it and see that indeed the alpha channel is unlocked, but WHY?! What did I do different the fourth time around double clicking it that it magically got unlocked?

I need to know because I feel myself at mercy of Fortune right now because there is no direct "push this button and alpha channel gets unlocked". It's push this button push this button push all those buttons and after some idle time it is unlocked for some reason.

Does anyone know which exact steps are required to unlock the alpha channel so I wouldn't have to frantically jump around the clip every time I import a new one? Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]