FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to customize the timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olivier Prudhomme
Trying to customize the timeline
on Sep 19, 2014 at 2:46:06 pm

Is there a way to add between the V and A tracks the same navigation bar we have on top of the timeline?
I think I saw this one day.
It would be very useful so I don't have to move the mouse all the way up to move around in the timeline. (I use very large time line display)

Same question re: the tracks column that are on the left. Can we get them on the right as well so I limit mouse traveling for these annoying track selection ?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Trying to customize the timeline
on Sep 19, 2014 at 3:16:46 pm

You can drag the TC track between V and A tracks and save that as a view. There is no way to add track selector to the right side - perhaps map Tracks to keyboard and use those?

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 19, 2014 at 3:27:36 pm

OK...question 1. Yes, you can. IN the little FAST MENU (also called HAMBURGER MENU) on the very bottom left of the timeline...click on that. Looks like an ice cream sandwich. IN there, choose the option SHOW TRACKS. Make sure that TC1 and EC1 are checked. I keep EC 1 on the bottom to click on to get out of segment mode, and I put TC1 in between my video and audio tracks.

Now to move it. Hold the OPT key, and then click on the track you want to move...TC1...and drag it up or down...where you want it to go. Done.

As for Question 2...sorry, those don't move. That's where they will live, and there's no way to get another set on the right

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Olivier Prudhomme
on Sep 19, 2014 at 10:05:43 pm

Thanks Shane. Works perfectly.
(sitll looking for EC1 though)

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Sep 20, 2014 at 8:43:26 pm

Btw, unless you have the "smart tool" active there's no need to move the mouse any particular spot to move around the timeline. The first thing I did was shut off the smart tool. I'm on 5.53, so if things have changed, I apologize :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]