FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio track re-assign issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Audio track re-assign issue
on Sep 18, 2014 at 8:11:36 pm

I've been using Avid MC quite successfully for over a year and a half but am still vexed by an audio issue. And yes, I've searched books and tutorials but can't find a thing on this issue. I hope that some or even one of the smarter people here can point me in the right direction.

I almost exclusively ingest from XDCam disks. My workflow has been to AMA whole disks, then select sub-clips and transcode just them for the editing process. What's making me nuts is the fact that either MC or XDCam forces me to import channel one camera audio onto Track 3 and channel two camera audio onto Track 8. The system simply will not allow me to re-assign these to other tracks. I MUST be doing something wrong or have missed something. What?

Also, it seems like once audio is transferred to a track whether it's music, nat sound, VO, whatever it wants to STAY on that track and won't allow me to (almost but not quite always) re-position it to a different track. Is there a setting that I'm missing which will allow me to unlock the track assignment and re-assign.

Thanx in advance for any insight you can provide on this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]