FORUMS: list search recent posts

show reference clips shortcut/macro

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Travis
show reference clips shortcut/macro
on Sep 17, 2014 at 10:40:26 am

Hi there,

Is there a way of getting a keyboard shortcut that will toggle on/off the "show reference clips" button in the "Get Bin Info" menu?

I've never used a macro before but this seems like it could be a useful one? Can anyone show me, or show me where I can learn how to make one?

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: show reference clips shortcut/macro
on Sep 17, 2014 at 1:23:56 pm

A good macro can be created and stored in something like a g13.
I have mine doing lots of cool things, but for them to work, you need to be able to have keyboard shortcuts for the items you want to do. I don't believe there is a shortcut for the set bin display, and/or the 'show reference clips' checkbox. I'll check when I get to the office. That would actually be quite handy to have.

In this case, you would have to do a macro program that records mouse movements...they are out there...but you also have to ensure your screen layout never gets moved around for this to work.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
Re: show reference clips shortcut/macro
on Sep 17, 2014 at 1:35:14 pm

Thanks Glenn,

You can have "Get Bin Info" set to a key by using "menu to button assignment" and grabbing "get Bin Info" from the "bin" menu. The problem comes when trying to attach the "show reference clips" action, I don't believe that can be assigned to a key. Never mind, I'm half way there with the get bin info" shortcut, that'll do for me if that's as far as it can go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]