FORUMS: list search recent posts

CoreAudioManager::GetNumOutputBusses() iRep->iCurrentOutputDevice is set to NULL

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
CoreAudioManager::GetNumOutputBusses() iRep->iCurrentOutputDevice is set to NULL
on Sep 16, 2014 at 11:01:45 pm

So I can watch, edit and play my Avid 7.0.4 project timeline perfectly without a problem. I would like to watch it through my big LED TV and speakers. I plugged in the HDMI cable and my mac output speakers are set to HDMI and I can play music from the Internet and everything is hooked up correctly. However, whenever I open Avid and then plug in the HDMI or vice versa this error message pops up: CoreAudioManager::GetNumOutputBusses() iRep->iCurrentOutputDevice is set to NULL.

The weird thing about this error is that there is only one button to press: "OK" and anytime you press it, it gives the big rejection noise. So there is nothing to do except force quit avid and restart. Everytime I try this it does the same thing.

Is there an Avid setting I need to change?

Return to posts index

Raj Rodrigues
Re: CoreAudioManager::GetNumOutputBusses() iRep->iCurrentOutputDevice is set to NULL
on Sep 18, 2014 at 6:37:50 pm

I'm having the exact same issue here when playing back transcoded material from AMA linked clips (Canon, RED and PIX). I have an external LED TV screen fed thru the HDMI on the MacPro but my audio is thru the Line Out and goes into a mixer and then to an amp and speakers.

Still haven't found out how to contain this other than force quitting out and re-launching.

Tks
Raj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]