FORUMS: list search recent posts

Consistency Check Failure

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Lydon
Consistency Check Failure
on Sep 15, 2014 at 5:36:08 pm

Hello everyone!

I am having a problem with a video clip that I shot on a JVC700. I linked it into Avid then transcoded it along with a number of other clips that work. But about 30 seconds into this clip AVID shuts down and this screen pops up:

LongGODDecodeState:: Execute()
CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : [2]

I tried re-linking it, renaming it, putting it a different folder, renaming a bin in Avid, bringing the same clip from another hard river and nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tim

Return to posts index

Bruce Carter
Re: Consistency Check Failure
on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:30:17 am

I've seen consistency check failures before when a clip was corrupted due to a glitch that occurred during transcode. Verify the original file is not corrupt. Can you use it via AMA-linking or via import with a fresh transcode? Try to isolate the part of the clip where the error occurs and cut around it. The rest of the clip may be fine.

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
Re: Consistency Check Failure
on Sep 19, 2014 at 12:17:22 pm

Thanks for responding, Bruce.

I'm guessing the original file is corrupt because I have it saved on other hard drives and I have copied it over to my project and none of them haven worked. I did try with a fresh transcode and that didn't work either. Unfortunately the part where it cuts out is an interview that I need. It's strange after the "CONSISTENCY CHECK" tab comes up, AVID shuts down and when I reopen it it was like the file was never even there.

Timothy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]