FORUMS: list search recent posts

Undo at Bin level

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olivier Prudhomme
Undo at Bin level
on Sep 12, 2014 at 5:50:41 pm

can we finally undo an action at the Bin level like... deleting the wrong sequence without having to go back to the Attic?
or are we still walking on thin ice while working in the bin

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Undo at Bin level
on Sep 12, 2014 at 6:08:41 pm

Thin ice. Change a file name? Delete a clip or sequence...tough noogies. Annoying as hell.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Olivier Prudhomme
on Sep 12, 2014 at 6:14:32 pm

this is bad news....
I know the attic's there but when you work under crazy deadlines and that you need to move super fast... accidents happen and losing a sequence can be devastating as you can't always rely on the attic... unless we autosave every 1 min.....

Return to posts index

Alain Dessauvage
on Sep 14, 2014 at 9:35:27 pm
Last Edited By Alain Dessauvage on Sep 14, 2014 at 9:37:46 pm

Honestly, I think it's very useful that Avid doesn't undo bin events. After all, how many times do you delete a sequence by accident ? You also need to confirm the delete, so this only happens if you're very distracted. And the attic is very reliable.

What happens more often though, is the following situation which you no doubt already experienced. You're doing some modifications and tryouts on an edit. Suddenly the director asks you if you've saved the previous version, which of course you haven't. No problem, you just duplicate the edit in the bin and then undo all the modifications you have up to this point. So now you have two versions: the original and the modified one.

If Avid would undo bin events (like FCP), the only way to achieve this would be to undo your modifications, then duplicate the sequence, and then redo all modifications after having first memorized them. Not very practical..

Also, excluding bin events allows for an uncluttered and clear undo list.

Maybe it should be an option, like the 'undo only record monitor events' toggle which I also have enabled.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0220918/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]