FORUMS: list search recent posts

rta and aaf exports

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
len hugh
rta and aaf exports
on Sep 10, 2014 at 12:49:27 am

When I turnover to sound I often get asked to remove all eq and audio suite effects, but leave panning and level changes.

I am playing with the rta feature and I wondered if anyone has had any problems with aaf exports or found that sound post people like this sort of stuff removed (of course I understand it would depend on who the sound people were and there preference, I am just probing for information at the moment).
Thanks

Return to posts index

Clement Hobbs
Re: rta and aaf exports
on Sep 10, 2014 at 6:04:44 pm

Hi Len,

We typically discuss the exact timeline layout with the post audio team to ensure the file they receive matches their specs (track layout, handles, etc.). A test file is often sent ahead of time to make sure we're all on the same page. Each series can be different for us, so this gets done each and every time we start a new show.

With regards to audio fx in the timeline, we will often supply a track with the original audio along with a track with the affected audio, then it's in their camp and they can choose what they'd like to use.

We also make sure we remove any add edits that might have found their way into the audio fx segments prior to exporting to AAF as this can create mismatch errors in the resulting timeline once it's re-imported from the AAF (using MC 7.0.2).

Clem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]