FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way......

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
Is there a way......
on Sep 9, 2014 at 8:44:51 am

Hi. I have AVID 7.0.3 i recall.
Im aware that in FCP (which I dislike) I can use the find function to select ALL clips on the timeline of a certain name and then apply an effect to all of these.

Is there a similar thing in AVD. I need to automatically select all shots from a certain camera and then be able to apply an effect that will fix its slight wonkiness, and another that will apply a colour effect to them all to match other more correct cameras?
This cameras clips appear in the timeline about 200 times so i really dont want to be doing it individually / manually.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Is there a way......
on Sep 9, 2014 at 12:28:18 pm

The Media Composer FIND function does not allow all results in the timeline to be highlighted and active. It only allows access to results one clip at a time (which is one of my bigger gripes on MC FIND function).

For color correction issues as you describe, the color correction that comes with the Symphony option allows for relational color correction allowing you to do what you are asking for.

For now, you can do a timeline search, go to event, double click the saved effect from a bin, go to next result, etc. ~200 times. :)

Michael

Return to posts index

Olivier Prudhomme
on Sep 13, 2014 at 5:34:30 pm

[Peter Groom] "Im aware that in FCP (which I dislike) "

Funny how every time we ask an AVID question while comparing to FCP we feel we have to specify we don't like FCP...
I do the same as I've had too many AVID fanatics jumping at my throat :-)

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 13, 2014 at 5:54:25 pm

There's plenty to like and dislike with any NLE system. :)

Michael.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Sep 13, 2014 at 5:54:44 pm

In my case its genuine.

For many years i worked in a post house that was FCP, but luckily, as the dubbingmixer I didnt have to use what i always felt was a far inferior editor.
Now in a different company I have had to do more video editing, and they have FCP, so I have had to (and quite enjoyed) learning this tool deeper.

So for many years i "thought " it was inferior. Now I "know" why I was right.
Peter

Return to posts index

Olivier Prudhomme
on Sep 13, 2014 at 5:59:02 pm

we're not here to compare

The idea is to say "can I do this specific task that I do with the other system?".... that's all

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Sep 13, 2014 at 6:14:35 pm

we're not here to compare

why not?

The idea is to say "can I do this specific task that I do with the other system?".... that's all

not neccesarily. you can say that if you prefer. I have a clear preference thanks very much!
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]