FORUMS: list search recent posts

REDcine X transcode problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roger cooper
REDcine X transcode problem
on Sep 9, 2014 at 3:45:29 am

We shot with the A & B RED cameras jam synced with timecode.
I am trying to create mxf files with linked audio.
When I have audio enabled during export, REDcine x is not creating the AAF-MXF-AvidExport.ale combination during transcode.
Instead, it is creating a folder with the file name ( ex. b064_c001_08037b) along with an ".XML" file and a folder called "Creating".
If I deselect all audio tracks in the export settings, the transcode ends up correct, resulting in the AAF-MXF-AvidExport.ale combination.

How can I get REDcine X to create AAF-MXF-AvidExport.ale, along with auto-matched audio?
I have "Avid AAF & MXF" selected in the export settings.
I am using REDcine -X professional build 30.1.
thanks
Roger

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: REDcine X transcode problem
on Sep 9, 2014 at 12:24:33 pm

I may be a bug in that version of RCXPro. If I understand correctly, you are syncing dailies in RCXPro, and exporting MXF wrapped DNx. Whenever I see a file name rather than the MXF/AAF folder names it indicated that only one file was completed and not the batch, so something is not working upon export. It has been a while since I've synced in RCXPro, as I prefer syncing in Media Composer, but I will try to take a look at it some time today.

Michael

Return to posts index

roger cooper
on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:51:18 pm

Thanks for responding. Actually, RCXpro is supposed to create clips with audio wrapped into them, so you dont have to sync. RCX is supposed to do it for you.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 9, 2014 at 11:14:30 pm

The camera original files have both picture and sound then? So no double system and sync in RCXPro?

Either way, the export should create MXF wrapped DNxHD and MXF audio files. Depending on the number of audio tracks recorded in camera, each clip will create 1 video + number of audio tracks. So two channel audio will create 3 MXF files.

I'll give it a shot here and see what happens.

Michael

Return to posts index

roger cooper
on Sep 9, 2014 at 11:39:38 pm

Even the guys at RED are scratching their heads.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 10, 2014 at 7:06:48 pm

Using the same version of RCX on OS X, and a single 6K file from RED dragon that includes 2 channels of audio, I get the expected 3 MXF files. I have yet to get it to syn with external double system audio with matching timecode to test that.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]