FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working on multiples of same project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gena ham
Working on multiples of same project
on Sep 8, 2014 at 8:58:05 pm

This is my first post here but have been reading them for years! I recently made the switch from FCP 7 to Avid and I'm confused about how to work on multiples of the same project on the same machine.

Here's the background- I was working on a show without a server. I transcoded and prepped the footage, then gave the bins and MXFs to the editor on an external drive. Whatever he worked on, he'd give me the bins and MXFs back. So in theory, we had the same things on each machine. But of course, things got lost along the way.

I had some offline media on my project that was on an external drive and wanted to get the media from his machine. What I did was move his Avid Media Files folder to another folder so Avid wouldn't read them and opened my project to see what was offline, searched in his machine for it and moved it to my drive. Closed the project, ejected my drive, then moved his media files back to the 1 folder. Everything seemed to work fine when I tested it but now the files aren't relinking.

Is there a better way to work on duplicates of the same project on the same machine without mixing up the media files? Sorry for the longwinded and hopefully not confusing explanation.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]