FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C100 conversion question-best format?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Blumenfeld
Canon C100 conversion question-best format?
on Sep 8, 2014 at 5:23:46 pm

Hi

I am shooting a job tomorow on Canon C100 and the editor will be converting the footage to xdcam for editing. He said I can shoot (pal) progressive or interlaced -- Does it make a difference in quality or anything concerning the conversion whether I go with 50i or 25pf? thanks

David

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Canon C100 conversion question-best format?
on Sep 8, 2014 at 5:46:17 pm

Your shooting settings should be based on the deliverable. Is this for broadcast? is the deliverable 50i? Or is the deliverable 25p? Is it for the web? Do you like the look of 50i, or 25p? all those are factors to consider.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Blumenfeld
on Sep 8, 2014 at 6:17:51 pm

They originally asked for it to be shot on xdCam 50 Frame Rate at 50i. As my camera doesn't output that format, he said the AVCHD footage will need to be converted to XD Cam and left it up to me-whichvever I prefer to shoot. I like the look of progressive, but I know that PF isn't true p, so just wondering if I'd be better with the 50i...thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 8, 2014 at 6:45:28 pm

OK, they are asking for 50i. Shoot 50i. The camera shoots AVCHD at 50i...when you AMA and transcode, simply transcode that to XDCAM at 50i. Don't shoot progressive...they are asking for interlaced.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Sep 8, 2014 at 8:34:40 pm

I have a semi-related question as the conversation just came up today. If the canon, when recording on the internal SD card, records at 24 Mbps, what should we transcode to in Avid? Is it wasting our media storage space to transcode at DNxHD 100? We can't get better than we start with, right? Can we save space and transcode to 45?

Ricky

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 8, 2014 at 11:30:03 pm

I'd transcode to DNxHD 145, or 115...depends on the frame rate.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]