FORUMS: list search recent posts

Off the screen problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Off the screen problem
on Sep 5, 2014 at 9:09:02 pm

I just added a new and larger side palette monitor. Since I've obviously changed the "real estate" of my display area I've had to move around and re-save the item positioning for my editing pre-set and my color correction pre-set. Done.

Now a problem that I can't seem to find a way to solve. When I go into effects mode almost everything shifts over to the new monitor. I can move it back and re-save the presets BUT the source and program monitors get larger and the biggest problem is they go way-way off the top of the screen on the palette monitor to the point where I can't reach the tool bar on the top of them to even move them down and back to where they need to be.

I've tried adjusting the display arrangement, but even at its most extreme position I still can't get to the top of the monitoring windows to move them back in place.

Is there a way to trash the preferences and start over positioning everything as if it were a new system, or a better way to remedy this problem? Even when I use the "restore to defaults" command the effects mode wants to go back into this crazy position. I'm stuck. Any advice from the seasoned pros? I'm supposed to work this weekend so i'm desperate to fix this. THANX!!

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Problem solved
on Sep 9, 2014 at 6:48:43 pm

Hadn't thought to tell the Mac's monitor arrangement panel to go BELOW the main monitor so when done it made the source/record windows appear on the bottom of the main screen. I was then able to re-position them and re-save the positions. Duh. Should have thought of it sooner but for the past twenty years I've always had pallet monitors on either the right or left of the main monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]