FORUMS: list search recent posts

I just want to show my clients the video...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lor Porter
I just want to show my clients the video...
on Sep 2, 2014 at 9:47:29 pm

I used to have an old TV as a client monitor - the video would come out of the mojo and into the monitor (TV) for the client to watch while I edited. Now using mostly HD video - I still have audio - but no picture. I thought it was because of the old TV. So, I got a new one today... it has MANY inputs including component - But still no video (audio yes). Is there a way to go from the mojo to see the project? Or can I not view HD out of the Mojo box. Is there a work around - is there a svideo to VGA? What are some options. I've been running and getting a mess of cables - computer monitor, brought that back - tv... and HOURS of time later with no real resolution. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
Lori

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
Re: I just want to show my clients the video...
on Sep 2, 2014 at 10:22:33 pm

I just ordered a converter (Composite, S-Video, and HDMI® to HDMI® Converter and Switch w/ HDMI PAL NTSC Support). I thought I had exhausted all my options... with regards with how to convert things (only talking to sales people) - I think this will work... hoping so anyway!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 2, 2014 at 10:39:58 pm

Which Mojo do you have? Mojo DX? If you have an old Mojo...that was meant for SD, the only way that will work is if you edit in an SD project...change the project format to SD. It won't do HD playback. NO converter will help with that. The MOJO DX does HD...as do a multitude of third party products...AJA, Decklink, Matrox.

But what computer do you have? So we can determine what connections you have. And what version of Avid are you running?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
on Sep 3, 2014 at 12:04:27 am

Hi Shane,
I've got MC 3.5, Avid Mojo 5.0.1 (not the DX), Windows XP- professional 32 bit, service pack3, Nvidia Quadro FX 1500, Intel core 2 quad, Q9400 @ 2.66GHz, 2.67GHz, 3.24 GB of RAM, Drivers - 182.67, Direct X version 9.0c

Is that the info you needed.. I tried to give you as much info as I had.

So, do you think if I got the Mojo DX, it would work with what I've got? I'm not trying to break the bank... I do this freelancing from home... but still need to show my clients (some of my producers sit in for the edits) instead of showing the full-screen playback on my monitor. I'm sure you understand.

Lori

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 3, 2014 at 3:54:58 pm

Hmmm...I'd call Avid tech support on this. Or pose this question on the Avid forums directly...see if the MOJO DX will work with your system (Avid folks answer questions there). Because I don't know PCs at all.

http://community.avid.com/forums/49.aspx

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
on Sep 3, 2014 at 4:01:20 pm

Ok - thanks Shane!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]