FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 7.5 - sound files offline and deleted from trash

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wanja Luke
MC 7.5 - sound files offline and deleted from trash
on Aug 30, 2014 at 1:37:43 pm

Hello,

I do have a problem with a project that I started and I couldn´t find a solution for it in any forum, so I start this topic.
I am synchronizing sound and video at the moment, step by step:
- I imported the audio files and ama linked the video files into different bins
- I then made a copy of the audio files inside Avid and copied it into the video bin where I synchronized it using autosync or manually
- Then I made it seems the mistake of deleting the audio file copies inside Avid from the bin and deleting it from the trash
- I still have the original audio files imported to AVID, but for some reason that I don´t understand, these are not linked with the copies that I have synchronized with the video

- so now i have all the sequences in Avid with synchronized video and audio, but the audio-files appear offline. i cannot relink or batch-import these, because these audio-files (.copy) are in no bin. if i batch-import the original audio file, still the audio in the sequences continues to be offline.

Is there anybody who has an idea of how to solve this? Thanks for reading, Wanja

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: MC 7.5 - sound files offline and deleted from trash
on Aug 30, 2014 at 2:19:45 pm

When importing, the copies you make within Media Composer are not new copies of media, but new pointers to the same media in the Avid MediaFiles folders. So deleting "media" from any of the clips, be it the original master clips or the copies, will delete the media for all.

Perhaps you are batch importing into the wrong "version" of the master clip. Put a sequence into a bin and go to "set bin display" from the bin hamburger menu (bottom left), and check the "show reference clips" box. Click OK and you will now see all the clips that made up that sequence, including the orignal audio only master clips. You can move those to another bin if you want to have them. But highlight all those and "batch import" into them and see if that gets everything back online as expected.

Michael

Return to posts index

Wanja Luke
Re: MC 7.5 - sound files offline and deleted from trash
on Aug 30, 2014 at 2:29:01 pm

that just helped perfectly fine - i didn´t know about the option of "show reference clips". thanks a lot for the days of saved work... :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]