Creating effects WITHOUT Boris in Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Joseph
Creating effects WITHOUT Boris in Media Composer
on Aug 18, 2014 at 9:33:09 pm
Last Edited By David Joseph on Aug 18, 2014 at 9:49:55 pm

Hello CC,

I'm a video editor who started using Media Composer early this year after switching from FCP7 which I loved and I gotta say I think I got it...well...there's something that's been bugging me: I want to create effects using only within Avid. Most recently, I want to do light-rays, glow, rain, lens-flare, and others. There's no tutorial out there for it except for using only BCC and AE.

I don't have a very fast computer but I do have Avid. I do all my audio, editing, EFX, and CC in Media Composer but I just don't know how to do some of them listed above.

I have only AMC553.

I'm trying to do this as well (forget about Chicago Fire Title GFX as that's Cinema 4D territory).

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Creating effects WITHOUT Boris in Media Composer
on Aug 18, 2014 at 9:37:44 pm

Media Composer comes with most of the basic effects included, but is pretty limited for the more exotic or creative type FX you are referring to and is not part of the offering. That is why there is the Boris bundle to start with - to make up for that with a dedicated effects developer.

Michael

Return to posts index

David Joseph
on Aug 18, 2014 at 10:01:34 pm
Last Edited By David Joseph on Aug 18, 2014 at 10:02:33 pm

Oh, so there's no way to this:

7882_chicagofirefansnbcfinalhd1.mp4.zip

I want to know how to do the fast cut in the beginning, glow (before the title shows), and this unknown effect (after the Chicago Fire GFX title ends), and in a split second before the guy talks...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 19, 2014 at 1:53:09 am

Oh, that's TOTALLY doable with the paint effect. The flash to white? I use the paint effect for this, and for blur transitions all the time. Lemme see if I can do a quick tutorial.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 20, 2014 at 12:35:27 am

OK, here you go. It's about 6 min long...because I show you how to do a few things.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mike Fielding
on Jan 12, 2017 at 5:22:06 am

There's a video here showing how to do Boris glows with just the in-built Avid effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]