FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking AMA Media From Premiere in MC 8

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eoin Harris
Relinking AMA Media From Premiere in MC 8
on Aug 15, 2014 at 2:00:49 pm

This is a messy one but if we can successfully import Premiere CC sequences into Avid there is a good chance we can finish the last 8 episodes of the show in it. This will make myself and the 2 other new editors very happy.

The first 8 episodes of the show were created in Premiere CC using a variety of cameras. I believe the main one is a EX or XD cam. For whatever reason the video files were recorded as .MP4 files. Nothing but Premiere and VLC will open them. Long story short I picked up a drive with the original camera file structure and MC8 is able to read them as AMA. Plays em better than Premiere too.

But,I am now having trouble relinking the test sequence that were exported from Premiere as an AAF. I've followed the instructions I've found up to coxing Avid into learning where the AMA volume is by first loading the AMA card independently but relinking doesn't work.

I'd been happily running Symphony 6 and but heard 7/8 do AMA much better so in installed the trial version of 8. The tutorials haven't been updated for version yet and the relink options are different. The main thing that is missing is the"Allow relinking of imported/AMA clips by source file name."

Any suggestons?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Relinking AMA Media From Premiere in MC 8
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:42:34 pm

Finish the show in PPro CC, and do the next season with Avid. All the time and effort you throw at trying to get this stuff over will be better spent just cutting a good show.

Seriously...it'll take a lot of work, and things still might not link up. Maybe because the apps look at the metadata differently, and some crucial information to allow Avid to link the sequence to the AMA footage is missing...who knows. I just know several people have tried this, and have never gotten more than 60% of the footage to link up. And still had some issues.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]