FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to work with footage shot at 50fps, but want it 25fps

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Barbuto
Best way to work with footage shot at 50fps, but want it 25fps
on Aug 15, 2014 at 4:14:33 am

Hey guys

Long time reader, first time poster! I am just starting to get into media composer as I will be using it in an upcoming job. I am a video editor who has always worked in FCP, PP and Edius, but this is my first foray in AVID MC. So to teach myself, I am cutting my wedding video.

We had a three camera shoot, all shot on Canon 5D Mk3. Now some of the footage is shot at 25fps, other at 50fps to get slow mo. I have conformed all the 50fps to a 25fps timebase in cinema tools, AMA linked into Avid and then transcoded to DNXHD 90 MXF to do the edit in MC. My problem is, after shooting all the pre wedding stuff in 50fps, two of the shooters forgot to turn the camera back to 25fps for the ceremony and hence all my wedding ceremony is in slowmo when conformed to 25fps! So I was wondering what the best workflow to get the 50fps into MC at 25fps without being slowmo? I tried just transcoding, but it wouldn't let me do it due to different time bases. I also don't want to have to conform it then speed it up 200%. As im still new to Avid, any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Best way to work with footage shot at 50fps, but want it 25fps
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:45:25 pm

[Rob Barbuto] "So I was wondering what the best workflow to get the 50fps into MC at 25fps without being slowmo?"

Bring in the non-conformed footage. The originals. PLEASE tell me you didn't conform the masters...that you duplicated the clips, or conformed converted clips and still have camera masters. Never conform the originals.

Simply AMA link and then transcode the 50fps stuff in a 25fps project...the transcoded footage will be 25fps, non-slomo.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]