FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some problems with AVID MC 6.5.4

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Károly Szatmári
Some problems with AVID MC 6.5.4
on Aug 9, 2014 at 3:56:43 pm

Hi everybody!

I am Alexy and am working on a big project at Slovenia. I am a technical support guy, but I need to solve some problems at PP where the editors use AVID MC 6.5.4. I am not too familiar with AVID cause my main way a this job is fixing cameras and other stuff, but we has some problems in PP.

So. First the PC specifications all of where we have problems.

HP Z400
Nvidia quadro FX 1800
Xenon 3,07 GHz (quad core)
12 Gb RAM
Matrox (MXO2 MINI) for adio and for the controll display

We working from ISIS 5000 and we have Gigabit network connection with ISIS and PC's

1st problem

One of the editors narrowd the timeline and when he moving with mouse in timeline, the blue controll line delay 1 or 2 seconds. Theese sequances are not short. If he works with expanded timeline this tracking is more smoother, I think maybe 100% faster.

What I checked:

CPU working max. 50% and all cores all almost the same percentage.
I changed the video card and I put an Nvidia quadro FX 3800 but it isn't solved the problem.
I turn off matrox in AVID but almost the same it isn't solved the problem.

Some screenshot:

2nd problem

The PP manager working with eleven second sequance and he needed to cut every third frames. So he has dene timeline. When he start it the preview stars slow, we need to wait 3 second for starting, after that it stars and works great, smoot show until one second but after that it's lagging. I have no idea... Hmm

3rd problem

We want to capture some audio and we also use Matrox for this work and a mixer (Mackie 1202 VLZ PRO). We can record the audio but we dont't see the drops at Audio tool, altough we are connected with the mixer. But if we start record we can see theese drops, but they don't reach the 0 db and its low, really low however the mixer main is on max...

We have Mojo, and when we connect with Mojo we don't have this problem, but we can't use Mojo in 2 PC at same time, so this is why i need help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]