FORUMS: list search recent posts

XAVC-s in Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miłosz Kozioł
XAVC-s in Avid
on Aug 1, 2014 at 5:45:55 pm

I just bought a7s from sony and i cannont import it OR ama it in media composer 6.05. I downloaded trial for mc8 and there is same problem. I managed to transcode my footage in SS but I cant run 120 frames that way or 50p. What to do? Anyone?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XAVC-s in Avid
on Aug 1, 2014 at 7:38:24 pm

Did you download the AMA plugin for that camera?

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/pdzk-ma2

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Miłosz Koziol
on Aug 1, 2014 at 7:51:21 pm

Yup - I just ingested via AMA f5 footage and XAVC f5 footage. It works. XDCAM works as always...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 1, 2014 at 7:59:16 pm

Avid doesn't do 120fps, nor 50p at 1080. So you might need to do the conversions outside of Avid, and then AMA in the results into a project type it does support.

Wonder if that camera has a slight variation to the XAVC format that causes it not to work via AMA...

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Miłosz Koziol
on Aug 1, 2014 at 8:03:18 pm

It seems so! But how can I transcode 120 fps file ? Is it even possible? I transcoded sonys mp4 with squezze into prores, retaining s-log 2 25/fps. But 50p and 100p (or 120p) is beyond usage in avid? I had bunch of fast footage (red epic, f5, go pro etc) and never had any issues with avid. XAVC-s is a lighter version of f5 XAVC codec.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 1, 2014 at 8:10:02 pm

Avid doesn't deal with frame rates beyond broadcast standard. 24fps, 25fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps (last two typically in 720p projects). Now, I have brought in GoPro 60fps 1080p footage into Avid via AMA...but it had to stay AMA in order to keep that frame rate. If I transcoded to 1080...it forced it to 30fps or 24fps. But I can't edit GoPro native AMA, as it's painfully slow.

SO...what I do with that is use GoPro Studio to convert the footage to the frame rate I want, and frame size. And use THAT as the master and AMA into Avid. So, if you want to use high speeds like that, you might need to do all the converting and slowing down outside of Avid, in AE or other app...and bring the result into Avid.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Miłosz Koziol
on Aug 1, 2014 at 8:13:23 pm

OK - GoPro studio wont help beacuse (as i read) it only accepts h264. Where XAVC-S is mutated avchd

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 1, 2014 at 8:19:16 pm

Time for After Effects or premiere Pro...

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Miłosz Koziol
on Aug 2, 2014 at 7:09:44 am

IT seems that motion 5 works as a workaround - importing, retiming and sending to prores.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]