FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multigroup showing 9 individual videotracks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Bergmann
Multigroup showing 9 individual videotracks
on Aug 1, 2014 at 1:02:57 pm

Hello there,

I am sitting in AVID 7 and I am trying to do some multigrouping on a sequence which is shot at different times of the day. I am syncing it to an audio-track.

My problem is that; when I have finished creating subclips and created the multi cam-clips it shows up in my monitor as only one clip at a time. I can't see the quad-split or the 9-split, only one camera at a time.

On my timeline I can tell that there are 9 different video tracks. However, when I play it, I can only see one track. Even if I shift between the tracks, it still plays the one track.

I have followed this guide to the end, and done every step he's doing, but I end up with this problem.
http://willblanksblog.blogspot.dk/2014/05/how-to-multigroup_15.html

The difference between what he is doing and what I am doing is that, he has shot with 3 cameras at a time and multi grouped them. What I am doing is kinda similar to a music video, where I have materiel from 1 camera, but from different angels and with time of day TC.

In the guide he uses an AUX-timecode, which makes sense for my purpose as we have the Time of day time codes. But for some reason it ends up like shown on the first picture.

What I would like to do, is to multi group all these different angels into one multigroup, which contains one audio track, that they are all synced to. And if possible; all the audio-track from the recorded sound.

Early on in the process I have multi grouped footage where they'd shot with 2 cameras at a the same time. These has the same "Time of day" timecode etc. That works just fine.

I hope that you guys will be able to help me on this matter.

Best Regards,
jonzie

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Multigroup showing 9 individual videotracks
on Aug 1, 2014 at 1:41:05 pm

If they all have same time of day timecode and it is correct, then this is fairly straightforward. Also, note that a group clip is a single clip where ALL clips have a common overal to each other. A multigroup clip is a clip that contains multiple group clips where each group has a common span, but group to group does not. The groups are ordered in ascending TOD order.

So are you really wanting a group or a multigroup?

If all the clips have common timecode and you need to see them as a single group, then select all, and do a clip>group" START timecode (or aux depending on where that common timecode is stored).

Load into source monitor, edit entire clip over to sequence, and go on from there as per multicam user guide.

Michael

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
on Aug 2, 2014 at 8:31:39 pm

As you have clips that are recorded at different times of day, therefore have no common Time Code, you need to find a common sync point, a plop from play-back or a particular beat, that will be common to all the takes. Mark that as an "In" mark, then in the group sequences window choose sync by "Mark In"

Return to posts index

Jonas Bergmann
on Aug 4, 2014 at 8:31:26 am

I can manage to create the sync map, sub clips and multi group them. But as I do so I end up with V1,-V9 in my multi cam-sequence. I need to be able to just have one video-layer that contains all the video-tracks. As shown in my pictures at the top.

i do not know, what I am doing wrong. It works just fine for me, with any other clips in the project, but this multi cam-sequence is killing me :'(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]