FORUMS: list search recent posts

jump clip to new sequence while maintaining TC + EC

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Stenberg
jump clip to new sequence while maintaining TC + EC
on Jul 31, 2014 at 12:39:51 am

Hey all users,

First of all, thank you endlessly for lending your time and expertise. I've reviewed quite a few previous posts which don't seem to address what I'm looking for.

Scenario: gathering turnovers per vfx shot to VFX on a feature film.

objective: to pull an individual clip from its original reel sequence to a new individual sequence while maintaing timecode and edge code.

steps taken: mark in/out of clip in original reel sequence. alt+c to source monitor. open new sequence. alt+v placing clip to new timeline. timecode/ edge code starts at 0. tc/ec MUST match the original reel sequence.

tried to resolve this issue by manually modifying the timecode of the individual sequence itself. great. but the ec doesn't follow suit and I've certainly not found a way to modify the edge code.

Here's the best I get:

please help.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: jump clip to new sequence while maintaining TC + EC
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:19:52 am

Instead of copy/pasting in new timeline, just try subclipping the IN-OUT and and selected track to the bin. It will remain a sequence and should maintain original sequence position TC/EC.

Michael

Return to posts index

Katie Stenberg
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:49:06 am

thanks a ton Michael. I was given advice to select to sub sequence by making an in and out point in your master sequence, then drag the sequence icon in the upper right of the composer window into a bin. worked like a damn charm. THANK YOU PEOPLE!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 31, 2014 at 12:04:13 pm

There are three ways to make a subclip or sub-sequence based on IN-OUT and active tracks:

1. Drag clip/sequence icon from above monitors to a bin
2. There is a dedicated "make subclip"button from the tools palette that can be mapped or used directly
3. Option/Alt click in the middle of the source/record viewers and drag to bin (the one I prefer, nice big targets)

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]