FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble renaming video tracks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Baron
Trouble renaming video tracks
on Jul 30, 2014 at 5:37:00 pm

I manually renamed some video tracks on my timeline. I have run into a problem that on some reels AVID continues to view the tracks according to its original name -- so although 10 is above 9 on the timeline and is named "10" AVID is still viewing it as 8. Is there a way to rename at all levels so AVID views it as I have it numbered and placed on the timeline? I find it very confusing because I do not remember which ones were renamed.

Thanks

Danny

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Trouble renaming video tracks
on Jul 30, 2014 at 6:35:13 pm

You renamed tracks as different numbers? That's a trick we play on Assistants to really throw them for a loop.

Try resetting timeline to default view which should order the tracks as Avid seems them internally. If renaming, don't just use a number, or make that number unique like V01 rather than V1 to tell it's yours.

Michael

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Jul 30, 2014 at 10:55:31 pm

Sadly the track renaming was a bolt on addition that never really integrated properly so as you've found they don't appear in all the correct places.
As said best to keep the original track number and just add a descriptive addition.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:52:47 pm

Or just add some new tracks. It will take some cleanup, but your method of renaming is obviously confusing both you and Avid, so it might be the way to go.

I think Avid will start by creating any tracks from the lower section that may have been deleted...then it will add to the highest level. From here you can put what you have, to a higher level...delete your old renumbered tracks, and then create new ones again which should all come in at the correct level.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:53:52 pm

BTW Michael, that's just cruel....i'll have to try that sometime:)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Danny Baron
on Jul 31, 2014 at 6:46:19 pm

Thanks. Yes. Bit of a mess here.

Danny

Return to posts index

Danny Baron
on Jul 31, 2014 at 6:44:22 pm

Thanks

Danny

Return to posts index

Danny Baron
on Aug 1, 2014 at 9:51:59 pm

Michael, Thanks. Can you tell please me how to set to default view so that I can see the numbers that AVID is seeing? Thanks.

[Michael Phillips] "You renamed tracks as different numbers? That's a trick we play on Assistants to really throw them for a loop.

Try resetting timeline to default view which should order the tracks as Avid seems them internally. If renaming, don't just use a number, or make that number unique like V01 rather than V1 to tell it's yours.
"

Danny

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Aug 1, 2014 at 10:01:00 pm

Not in front of an avid at the moment. But I think its the timeline fast menu bottom left. And default in there.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 2, 2014 at 12:39:26 am

As Pat says; hamburger menu in bottom left of timeline, top menu selection "set default view".

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]