FORUMS: list search recent posts

Considering switching to Avid - have a question?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Cobble
Considering switching to Avid - have a question?
on Jul 29, 2014 at 5:12:24 pm

I am considering switching to avid media composer. I have limited experience with Final Cut 7 - Medium experience with Pre Pro Production Premium 5.5 - Very comfortable with Vegas Pro 8 to 13 any version. I heard but do not know if its true. Media Composer is similar to the Vegas in functionality. Is it true? I am willing to make the transition if it is reasonably similar. I found Pre-Pro to be a clumsy awkward interface. Vegas is just not stable enough. Any one know the similarities of Avid to? Need a little direction. I have an old version of Avid Media composer 5.5 and never learned it. I will gladly upgrade for the stability.

PC 1
I7 2.8 Ghz 8GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro K2000
PC 2
I7 3930K 3.2Ghz
32 GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro 4000

3-4 TB HD
Vegas 10 64bit & Vegas 11 64Bit & Vegas 12 & Adobe Production Premium CS5.5.2 & Avid Media Composer 5.5

Camera
Sony EX1 shoot in 1920x1080 30P

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Considering switching to Avid - have a question?
on Jul 29, 2014 at 6:41:22 pm

I would download a trial version of 8 (or 8.1 in the next few days) to see how it works for you. You system specs seem fine. It has been a while since I have played with Sony Vegas, so from a UI/function similarity perspective I cannot add much. But you will notice a performance different between the two depending on formats, (your shooting format should be fine), but the ability to do other things while timeline is playing, tweak video effects while media is playing, etc, cannot be done in Media Composer.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]