FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid FX

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Rogalinski
Avid FX
on Jul 26, 2014 at 10:55:44 pm

Could we possibly start an Avid FX (Boris Red) Forum? It's an amazing program that ships with Avid that has a steep learning curve. But once you understand it, you can accomplish amazing transition effects and filters. I posted this below in another forum:

While it took me quite awhile to begin to grasp how it works, Avid FX (Boris Red) is an amazing tool for Media Composer effect filters and transitions. With some basic training--which I did on my own via many on-line tutorials (thanks so much Kevin P McAuliffe and others!) and a lot of experimentation--you can literally create any transition or filter effect you want for Media Composer. I have created dozens. What would really be great is if someplace like CreativeCow would dedicate a space where editors can share their creations, to build a library far superior to what one can find for FCP. If something like this is feasible, I would be most happy to share my creations with others.

For those new to Avid FX willing to give it a go on their own -- big tip -- Shut off that damn RED KEY!

Steve Rogalinski

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Avid FX
on Jul 27, 2014 at 11:56:38 am

Kind of bad timing as AvidFX has been discontinued. No longer included with Avid MC.
Boris RED and Boris RED AVX are still available for purchase and have not been discontinued.
With Avid no longer bundling it, I would think the user base would be even smaller than it already is. Most avid users did not bother to learn it.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jul 27, 2014 at 11:07:33 pm

Well call the forum "Boris RED" then. While many never bothered to pick it up and it is no longer being bundled, I'd wager that with AvidFX being included in both 6 and 7, the majority of Avid users have access to it.

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
on Jul 27, 2014 at 11:22:56 pm

A lot of RED Users use the BorisFX Forum, here:
http://forums.creativecow.net/borisfx
if that helps.

Neil.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]