FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uninstall to upgrade?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Uninstall to upgrade?
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:35:10 pm

Simple question: Do I need to uninstall 7.02 in order to install 7.03 (for compatibility with Mavericks)? Does 7.02 work with Mavericks? Any other concerns I need to worry about? (Okay, that's 3 questions.)

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Uninstall to upgrade?
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:40:07 pm

AND... will the EFX stay the same or do they need to be re-installed too?

Thanx!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 23, 2014 at 10:23:44 pm

Mac updates are full installs. So uninstall, and reinstall. All your EFX will stay.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 24, 2014 at 1:45:59 pm

And for good measure, deactivate before you uninstall and reactivate after the new install. Your Sys ID and Activation numbers should be retained, so you just need a few button clicks.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 24, 2014 at 3:10:32 pm

Second what Oliver said.

The only times I have had anything go blooey with an install, it was because I forgot to do that.

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
on Jul 30, 2014 at 9:05:20 pm

Exactly how do you deactivate? I've never known how. My MC 6 will not open on my MAC and I'm sure there are dangling files preventing the proper install. AVID made this so difficult. All other software just updates. I can uninstall the software...but I don't know how to deactivate and reactivate. Any help..much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 31, 2014 at 12:07:32 am

[Stacy Lincoln] "Exactly how do you deactivate?"

You can deactivate from within MC. It's under the Special menu. You can also do it from the License Manager application.

[Stacy Lincoln] "AVID made this so difficult. All other software just updates."

Well, it's not ideal, but usually this is documented in Read Me files that come with the new software.

[Stacy Lincoln] "but I don't know how to deactivate and reactivate"

See if the Avid License Manager application is still there. If the system gets hung up, you can call Avid support and they will deactivate the System ID on their server, which will let you re-activate after you re-install the software.

FWIW - this is different between PC and Mac. The Windows version of Media Composer updates are patches. The Mac updates are all full installers, so the procedure is a little different.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]