FORUMS: list search recent posts

transferring Gopro frame rates

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Scaffidi
transferring Gopro frame rates
on Jul 21, 2014 at 5:17:36 pm

Hi -- received some go pro action footage shot at 59.94. I can't seem to find a way to convert this to 24p slow mo. Any idea out there? I have Squeeze and Adobe Media encoder but neither seem to have an option that will allow me to do this. Setting the frame rate to 24p will just drop frames to give me realtime footage.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: transferring Gopro frame rates
on Jul 21, 2014 at 5:27:04 pm

Why, yes I do...

http://lfhd.net/2014/02/09/gopro-hero-workflow-for-various-nles/

Skip to the bottom of that where I show off how to use GoPro Studio...as that is what you'll need to use to do this. Avid will bring in normal frame rates, but high frame rates that need to be slowed down need to be done through GoPro's app. And you then AMA and transcode the resulting file. The GoPro app will convert the speed to what you want.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
on Jul 21, 2014 at 6:22:09 pm

Great -- so I have two options essentially? Use Gopro studio to conform to 24p, or import the footage into a Media Composer project of the native framerate, and then bring the footage into my 24p project and set the clips to 100% speed?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 21, 2014 at 6:25:51 pm

Well, if you shot 1080p60, or any higher frame rate (say 720p120)...you need to use GoPro Studio. because Avid doesn't have a 1080p60 project setting...1080i59.94 runs at 29.97. The only 60p project setting is 720p60.

Best to use GoPro Studio, and treat the files it creates as masters.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Peter Chigmaroff
on Jul 23, 2014 at 6:22:40 pm

If you can haul the footage through Premiere, Right click on the file in the project pane and select Modify>Interpret Footage and the there you can input the frame rate you want and then slide that clip into a timeline with the same frame rate. I think that works.

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
on Jul 25, 2014 at 2:42:45 am

Why can't you just load that footage in a 720p59.94 project, and move than Bin into your 24p project, promote with Motion tool and slow down?

It you mean 1080p59.94 - not sure how that's even handle with Avif since it doesn't have a supported Format...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 25, 2014 at 2:50:16 am

[Rosie Walunas] "It you mean 1080p59.94 - not sure how that's even handle with Avif since it doesn't have a supported Format..."

Which is why....as I pointed out in my blog post I linked to...you use the GoPro Studio app to convert the footage to Cineform and slow it down to the frame rate you want, THEN AMA link and transcode in Avid.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Mike Woodworth
on Aug 19, 2014 at 10:01:35 pm

Per,

My company recently released a new Mac transcoding app designed with this exact problem in mind. It's called EditReady, and it's simple, fast and able to conform frame rates like you need.

Check it out here:
http://www.divergentmedia.com/editready

mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]