FORUMS: list search recent posts

BCC FX? It seems like there are more that I'm missing!?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Colvin
BCC FX? It seems like there are more that I'm missing!?
on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:06:23 am

I thought BCC FX Group had a lot more categories?

I'm on Avid MC 8 annual subscription. I've installed everything on Avid Application Manager, and also downloaded and installed everything on this page

Seems like I'm missing something in my FX list? What does your FX List look like?

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: BCC FX? It seems like there are more that I'm missing!?
on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:31:20 am

It's BCC Lite so I assume the full blown BCC (which is no longer part of an Avid bundle) is more feature rich.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:40:25 am

From Avid.com FAQ:

Q: What happens to all of the other software that came bundled with Media Composer, such as Avid FX, Avid DVD, Sorenson Squeeze, and Boris Continuum Complete? Are they available with any of these licensing options?

A: While many partner plug-ins and applications are available as “lite” versions included in Avid’s subscription offerings, full perpetual licenses for Sorenson Squeeze, iZotope Insight, and NewBlue Titler Pro v2 are available as part of the Avid Production Pack or available for individual purchase through the Avid Marketplace. Please note that since DVD production requirements have not changed in many years, Avid DVD is no longer been developed or sold.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:51:14 pm

If you have upgraded from a previous version of Avid Symphony and you still have the older "full" BCC 8 package, it will still function with MC8. Just reinstall it and you will have everything. Unfortunately, Avid no longer includes the full BCC suite.

Return to posts index

Bryan Colvin
on Jul 21, 2014 at 6:22:09 pm

lame, but thanks for clearing it up for me guys!

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:26:10 pm

In fairness, the decision had more to do with Boris than Avid...but yeah, kind of a bummer.
They also no longer include AvidFX, which really was Boris RED rebranded, though older versions will still work,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]